Matterport reports record revenue of $30 million, 10% sequential increase
Subscription revenue jumps 53% to $15 million from year-ago period
Total subscribers increased 158% to 404,000 from year-ago period
SUNNYVALE, Calif.— Matterport, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTTR), the leading spatial data company driving the digital transformation of the built world, today announced financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2021.
“We are thrilled to report another record quarter with strong subscriber and subscription revenue pushing revenue up 10% sequentially, demonstrating our continued momentum,” said RJ Pittman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Matterport. “It was another quarter of strong execution across all vectors as we announced significant industry partnerships, expanded our service offerings, and strengthened our management team with world-class leaders to continue to scale our business. We are now ready to accelerate our innovation and customer growth, and being public will give us the visibility and financial resources to achieve our ambition of digitizing the built world.”
“We continued to expand our business with enterprise customers, which drove our net dollar expansion rate to a record 132% in the quarter, above the 129% that we achieved in Q1,” said JD Fay, Chief Financial Officer of Matterport. “We are still relatively early in our penetration with top enterprise customers and expect additional growth with new and existing enterprise customers.”
Second Quarter 2021 Financial Highlights:
- Total revenue was $29.5 million, up 21% compared to second quarter of 2020
- Subscription revenue of $15.3 million, up 53% compared to second quarter of 2020
- Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) of $61.1 million
- Spaces Under Management (SUM) grew to 5.6 million, up 75% compared to second quarter of 2020
- Subscribers increased to 404,000, up 158% compared to second quarter of 2020
Recent Business Highlights:
- Became a public company and raised $640 million in gross proceeds by successfully completing a business combination with Gores Holdings VI, Inc.
- Announced significant industry partnerships with Facebook, PTC, Apex, and SIMLAB
- Announced a collaboration with Facebook AI Research (FAIR) through which we made the largest-ever dataset of 3D indoor spaces available to teach robots and virtual AI assistants to understand and interact with the complexities of the physical world
- Announced platform integration with the PTC Vuforia Engine™ and Vuforia Studio™ augmented reality (AR) software offerings
- Announced a partnership with Apex to enable retail brands across the U.S. and Canada to access, collect and evaluate building data and information from all of their stores in one place
- Announced strategic partnership and investment in SIMLAB, a technology company that specializes in the digitization of buildings throughout the design and construction phases
- Continued expansion of Capture Services™ On-Demand to another 14 cities, making the service available to customers in a total of 26 cities across the United States
- Strengthened executive team
- Preethy Vaidyanathan, Head of Product
- Brandt Kucharski, Chief Accounting Officer
- Paul Thompson, Vice President of Solutions Engineering
- Vivian Weiying Pan, Vice President of International Marketing
- Vinatha Kutagula, Vice President of Customer Operations
- Soohwan Kim, Vice President of Investor Relations
Conference Call Information
Matterport will host a conference call for analysts and investors to discuss its financial results for the second quarter of fiscal 2021 today at 2:00 p.m. Pacific time (5:00 p.m. Eastern time). A recorded webcast of the event will also be available following the call for one year on the Matterport’s Investor Relations website at investors.matterport.com.
Date: August 11, 2021
Time: 2:00 p.m. Pacific time (5:00 p.m. Eastern time)
Matterport, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTTR) is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing. Learn more at matterport.com and browse a gallery of digital twins.
©2021 Matterport, Inc. All rights reserved. Matterport is a registered trademark and the Matterport logo is a trademark of Matterport, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.