NEW BOOK: Leading IMD Professors share an insider’s view on trends in China to reveal the future for global retail – and how to prepare for it
WHY THIS BOOK MATTERS:
- China’s new retail revolution will transform how the world thinks about retail and digital innovation. This book provides a clear framework, based on a six-prong model, to help global retail and innovation executives prepare for the future.
- Provides a glimpse of global retailing trends, examines future ones and discuss what they mean for companies.
- Decodes China’s retail revolution analysing innovators such as Alibaba, SF Express, Tencent, Hema and Bytedance.
- Reveals how customer centricity is achieved in the digital space and analyses how Chinese companies innovate in it.
- Receiving extensive acclaim among business leaders including Javier Bach, COO of Puig Beauty & Fashion, Gianfranco Casati, CEO of Accenture Growth Markets, Jørgen Vig Knudstorp, Executive Chair, the LEGO Brand Group, Rohit Jawa, Chairman Unilever China & EVP UnileverNorthAsia
[Box-out] In my 30 years of living and working in China, this is the first book that I have read that fully articulates and analyses the history and key players involved in the e-commerce revolution in China. It is a must-read for anyone or any company that wants to enter the China retail market, to expand its presence in China, or to learn about global e-commerce trends. – Mei-Wei Cheng, Former Chairman and CEO of GE (China) and Ford Motor (China), President and CEO Siemens China, and President and COO of AT&T China [Box-out ends]
China’s new retail revolution is set to transform how the world thinks about retail and digital innovation. But is the world ready for what is coming?
At a time when the retail industry is already facing an uncertain future, insightful new book The Future of Global Retail provides a clear framework and roadmap to help executives prepare for what comes next. Leading IMD Professors Winter Nie and Mark J Greeven share their insider’s perspective on what is happening in China to reveal some fascinating insights into what the future holds for retail across the rest of the world.
Through a series of exclusive interviews and real-world case studies, the book identifies five critical stages in the development of new retail trends that executives need to grasp:
- Lifestyle e-Commerce
- Online-and-Offline Retail
- Social Commerce
- Livestream Selling
- Invisible Commerce
The Future of Global Retail goes beyond the eye-opening examples to help readers understand the ‘why’ and get ready for this new, China-inspired paradigm in retail. The authors share their expertise to present a practical and simple framework – a ten-year strategic roadmap for global retail executives, which they call the “Beyond” Value Chain Model.
China’s new retail is not just about fashion, cosmetics, snacks, data-driven convenient stores and commercial live streaming. The world of retail may have already been upended, but The Future of Global Retail offers inspirational lessons in innovation, customer centricity, digital disruption, purpose and agility for global executives across the entire retail spectrum and other industries. It contrasts and analyses, not only presenting the cases but also sharing insights of the “why” behind the trends and the key lessons to take away based on research and real experiences.
Exclusive articles and interviews available:
Professors Winter Nie and Mark Greeven are world leading experts in leadership, innovation and organizational change. They are both highly sought-after speakers and are available to provide expert commentary, interviews and by-lined articles on a range of topics, including:
- The Future of Global Retail: Learning from China’s Retail Revolution
- Celebrity selling: Are movie stars, CEOs and government officials set to revolutionise retail?
- Pinduoduo: Lessons to learn from the social commerce platform with 700 million users
- Past, present, and future: How to learn from the Chinese way of innovation
- Winning the mid-tier segment: Low-cost competition from emerging market
- The 4 key foundations for the emergence and development of new retail in China
- How digital ecosystems can set your company up for success
- Are you ready for Ultimate Experience Retailtainment?
- How to achieve true customer centricity in the digital world
- Look East: 5 innovative Chinese companies to watch in 2022
- 5 lessons in customer experience other industries can learn from Chinese retail
The Future of Global Retail: Learning from China’s Retail Revolution by Winter Nie, Mark J Greeven, Yunfei Feng & James Wang, is published by Routledge on 27 September, priced £26.99, available from Amazon and leading international booksellers.